Re: Problems with GS logging and extension website

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Alessandro Crismani
<alessandro crismani gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm seeing some problems with my Gnome Shell install using Arch Linux.
>
> Gnome Shell is at version 3.4.2, confirmed running gnome-shell --version
> in a terminal. However, extension.gnome.org complains that my GS version
> is not recognised, and doesn't let me install, remove or manage my
> extensions. It was working smoothly sometime ago. By the way, I'm using
> Firefox 15 as the web browser (Firefox 14 didn't make a difference).

It could be Firefox 15's new click-to-plugin doohickey interfering.
Make sure the "GNOME Shell Extension Integration" plugin is enabled
and working.

> The second problem is that GS doesn't log to the console. I'm trying to
> write an extension, and I rely on log("what is going on") for
> easy debugging. However, the log gets lost and nothing is printed on the
> terminal where the gnome-shell --replace & command was issued.

That's mysterious. Are you sure the extension is enabled?