Problems with GS logging and extension website

Hi everybody,
I'm seeing some problems with my Gnome Shell install using Arch Linux.

Gnome Shell is at version 3.4.2, confirmed running gnome-shell --version
in a terminal. However, extension.gnome.org complains that my GS version
is not recognised, and doesn't let me install, remove or manage my
extensions. It was working smoothly sometime ago. By the way, I'm using
Firefox 15 as the web browser (Firefox 14 didn't make a difference).

The second problem is that GS doesn't log to the console. I'm trying to
write an extension, and I rely on log("what is going on") for
easy debugging. However, the log gets lost and nothing is printed on the
terminal where the gnome-shell --replace & command was issued.

Can anybody help me finding what is going on? I will more than happily
provide logs (pun intended) and information on my system, just tell
me what :)

Thanks a lot,
Alessandro