Re: Moving newly created windows

Dear Clemens,

Il 09/09/2012 18:09, Clemens ha scritto:

     let app = this._windowTracker.get_window_app(win);

     if (!app) {
         if (!secondTime) {
             // window is not tracked yet, Wait until Mainloop has added
it and is idle again
             Mainloop.idle_add(Lang.bind(this, function() {
                 this._move(display, win, true);
                 return false;
             }));
         }
         return;
     }

Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem. Even when waiting for the tracker to match the window, the window itself is not moved. I believe that the tracker maintains a relation between the window and the app the window belongs to, and such relation may be created before the window is ready to be moved.

I'm also having problems debugging this, since my Shell log system doesn't work, but I'll write a more detailed message for this.

I'm all hears if anybody has other tricks to offer :)
Alessandro