Re: Problem with gnome-shell-extension-prefs on GNOME 3.4.2

On 2 September 2012 05:16, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Norman L. Smith <nls1729 gmail com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 08:23 -0500, Craig Rob l300lvl wrote:
>>> Just in case it helps others that *do* crash the prefs tool are:
>>>
>>> - status-area-horizontal-spacing also a fabulous extension by Amy
>>> - Window Buttons by Amy
>>> - Maximus by Amy, which is also throwing an error that holds the prefs
>>> tool open now, under the latest 3.4.2-3.7.1 which I just updated to here
>>> and it reoccurs any time I try to open the prefs tool for that
>>> extension, in the last 3.4.2 it would just crash and disappear like the
>>> others do: http://paste.opensuse.org/15445377
>>>
>>> - Dash to Dock
>>> - Activities Configurator
>>> - Multiple Monitor Panels
>>>
>>> Besides the one which still crashes it, the others all make the box
>>> segfault and vanish with no stack trace, immediately.
>>>

>> Craig:
>>
>> I have tried more extensions and find that it "appears" extensions with
>> prefs.js which create a new GObject.Class crash and others that just use
>> widgits or prototypes in prefs.js don't.  I am testing on 12.2 rc2 with
>> gnome-shell-3.4.2-3.7.1.x86_64.

If that's a symptom of crashing prefs widgets (GObject.class vs
__proto__) then just about all of my extensions would do so - I use
the same basic code for them all.

Craig - ignore the Maximus prefs widget for now, I uploaded a new
version on Fri and no doubt that freezing bug you're seeing is a
result of changes I introduced (possibly as well as the one we're
trying to track).

I guess in the meantime I can try install OpenSUSE on a VM and rewrite
my prefs.js to not use GObject.class & test.