Re: Problem with gnome-shell-extension-prefs on GNOME 3.4.2

On Sat, 2012-09-01 at 08:23 -0500, Craig Rob l300lvl wrote:
> Just in case it helps others that *do* crash the prefs tool are:
>
> - status-area-horizontal-spacing also a fabulous extension by Amy
> - Window Buttons by Amy
> - Maximus by Amy, which is also throwing an error that holds the prefs
> tool open now, under the latest 3.4.2-3.7.1 which I just updated to here
> and it reoccurs any time I try to open the prefs tool for that
> extension, in the last 3.4.2 it would just crash and disappear like the
> others do: http://paste.opensuse.org/15445377
>
> - Dash to Dock
> - Activities Configurator
> - Multiple Monitor Panels
>
> Besides the one which still crashes it, the others all make the box
> segfault and vanish with no stack trace, immediately.

Craig:

I have tried more extensions and find that it "appears" extensions with
prefs.js which create a new GObject.Class crash and others that just use
widgits or prototypes in prefs.js don't.  I am testing on 12.2 rc2 with
gnome-shell-3.4.2-3.7.1.x86_64.

I wonder why OpenSuse has a problem and the Fedora 17 that I installed
the 3.4.2 tarball from the Gnome repository does not crash.

Norman