Re: Wogue needs your participation :)

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 05:09 +0300, alex diavatis wrote:
> First off, sorry to publish to this ML, but this is the most popular
> one -I am wondering why :)

Because GNOME shell rocks!

> We released a blog totally dedicated to GNOME and we need your help.
> Basically we want to publish on a broader audience news/ideas/mockup
> etc
> from MLs & gits and more importantly we want your opinions/thoughts
> and successfully stories about GNOME.
> So if you are interested to help us, read our Participation page
> at http://worldofgnome.org/involvecontact/
> While our page is worldofgnome.org we did a shortcut to wogue.org

<aside>
Just curious why an effort can't be made to make over or augment one of
the several existing [an mostly moribund GNOME BLOGS / planets].  But
anyway....

We can't do that  because GNOME planets are restricted to strictly GNOME and also are quite technical. We want review things like Wayland, Kernel and Apps, that while are outside of GNOME, they are still part of it, because GNOME couldn't exist without them. Also we don't want to write to existing "Linux" Open Source blogs, because they do a lot of Unity and Android that we do not like.

Can't you at least get an @gnome.org e-mail address?

It would be great if we could use a gnome.org e-mail, but we are not official part of GNOME and so we cannot acquire it :(

<http://worldofgnome.org/category/wogue-team/> "Not really, this is the
first fan blog totally dedicated on our favorite OS!".  Is GNOME an OS?
</aside>

It depends by OS definition. When so many components/projects work together, it is hard to define what is OS. If OS is a kernel, a display manager and DE, yes GNOME is pretty close to OS term. We sure know that GNOME isn't a complete OS, but we like to think as it is. Besides many discussions have taken place if they (GNOME community) should release a GNOME OS distro, we just hope they will do it :)

There have just been so many it is hard to believe starting another one
will fair any better.

We'll see :)

There is always <http://planet.gnome.org/>

Yes, and we are gonna make a page that will show all GNOME ecosystem: people, blogs, planets, technologies etc..

Thank you for responding!

- alex