Re: Print-Scr + gnome-screenshot --interactive???

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Gabriel <rossetti gabriel gmail com> wrote:
Yes I am, is this something I should then file in their bug tracker?

Maaaybe. The main issue[0] has already been reported, but won't be fixed - Unity reuses GNOME's shortcut settings, but while GNOME has moved to GSettings/dconf, Unity is still using GConf. Therefore shortcuts will be broken either in GNOME or in Unity, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that they broke GNOME ...

The issue with the screenshot shortcuts however is quite a bit simpler - they used to be implemented in the window manager, but have been moved into gnome-settings-daemon (where all non-wm shortcuts are handled already). It should be trivial to adjust Unity here, so that the corresponding patches to g-s-d can be dropped.

In any case, you should be able to work around the issue by adding custom shortcuts and use those instead of the predefined ones.

Regards,
Florian

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/965921