GSOC proposal based on the video app design

Hi,

I am a final year Comp Sc student. I am interested in participation for Google Summer of Code for GNOME. I was thinking of implementing a quick viewer for videos on nautilus.

original mockups( designed for my final year win32 app)--
http://flic.kr/p/bFyCwK
http://flic.kr/p/bsDKVd

On discussing the idea with Christophe @ #soc, he gave me a link to the video app design page (https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Videos), and told me to get approval of any UI changes with the design team.

I would like to know more about the design, discuss some changes and if possible write a student proposal for implementation of  the video app. And would anyone know a mentor who might be interested for such an app?

Thank You