Re: Responsive GNOME Shell theme

This will:

a) Resize the font everywhere, which will make things bad in my apps(I already have a sane font size).
b) Resize the font of the shell, which if you notice, will resize the already-small-size-font in the app view.
c) Not fix the large padding set in the theme.
d) Not resize the icons.

So my idea here isn't about the global font size, I'm suggesting the theme to be more "intelligent" in terms of adapting to each resolution.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Evandro Giovanini <efgiovanini gmail com> wrote:
Em Seg, 2012-03-12 às 17:51 +0100, Reda Lazri escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> I just upgraded to GNOME 3.4b (Good job BTW) and I'm stuck with the
> default theme, since everything is not compatible right now.
>
> One thing I noticed, after using my themes for so long, is how huge
> the theme looks in my screen resolution; honestly, I hate it.(but love
> you guys :)
>
> Now, I'm not here to suggest yet another change, but -the title gives
> it away- I have an idea. How about making the theme responsive?
>
> For the non-web-designers among us >
> http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/web/responsive-nav-patterns
>
> What I suggest is adapting the font, icons... sizes according to the
> resolution and not hard-coding them and causing people to seek 3rd
> party theme just to make use of the default theme(like Adwaita
> Netbook...).
>
> What do you think? Is it possible?

You should increase/decrease the font size in the accessibility section
of System Settings, or via gsettings with the
org.gnome.desktop.interface.text-scaling-factor key. That will
automatically apply to the Shell and all your apps as well.

--
Evandro