New scrolls bars?

I was experimenting with Fedora 17 Alpha in VirtualBox and I noticed that the scroll bars had changed from the very pleasing Adwaita style found in Fedora 16 to something akin to copying and pasting Mac OS X Lion's scrollbars into Gnome Shell. Is this intended by the Shell developers or is this implemented by the Fedora team? Googling revealed nothing related to this... and I'm a bit disappointed in this change, but more so that I couldn't find any documentation of it having happened.

--
Sincerely,
    Josh