Query about Future Gnome-shell

Hi All

Just a Curious Gnome-Shell user here wondering if anybody knows the answer to some queries I have....

Is Gnome going to adopt a default tool in future for changing themeing without relying on gnome-tweak-tool / extensions? It seems strange
that it was ever taken away of Gnome in the first place.... why?

Is there any plans for adding functionality to the top panel without relying on extensions? eg: right click to add applets / icons etc? or is the panel destined to only be configurable within the gnome-shell.css file and extensions?

Is there any plans to add anything to the Overview such as "Journal" running zeitgeist like originally planned a couple years ago? Or any "Lenses" style additions or similar to the gnome-shell overview to improve functionality / searching for specific things? I know people are free to create extensions to do this... but alot of extensions seem to be buggy and give the impression of a 3rd party hack job....

I see alot of other good working coming out of the gnome camp such as improved lockscreen design / login screen, app center, panel menu for applications, revamp of the overview etc which is really cool to see.......

I just fear that gnome-shell is forever planned to be highly unconfigurable/tweakable without knowledge of the css config file and 3rd party extensions which are hit or miss....

cheers for any replies....

simon