Re: gnome-shell got memory leaks ?

i run gnome shell in valgrind and it show that gnome-shell have about 3500 memory error!!!
and leak about 10 MB!!!
also i note that i just ran it and i haven’t opened any window and close it and maybe if i do that you see a lot more problem

here is valgrind log:http://paste.kde.org/504602/
also because my gnome-shell is not compiled with debug flag backtrace is not available perfectly

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Antono Vasiljev <self antono info> wrote:

邓尧 <torshie gmail com> writes:

>>  Right after logging in, "top" utility shows that gnome-shell consumes
>>> about 1.3G memory. IMO, 1.3G for a window manager is a lot, but still
>>> acceptable. After using for about two hours, its memory consumption
>>> grows up to more than 2.5G, and keeps growing! Smells like memory leaks
>>> :-(
>>> I'm using nvidia 295.40 driver.
>>
>>  Mine, with GS 3.2.2 and nVidia 295.49 is using 0.7GB (logged in since
>> yesterday), with quite a few extensions & a custom theme.  Another user
>> with few, if no, extensions is at about 0.6GB.  I've not noticed it
>> leaking, but I've also not been looking, although I will now, just in case.
>>  gdm's gnome-shell is 0.4GB.

Mine gnome-shell uses 220M in RES column. Logged in 2 days. Video:
intel, gnome-shell from PPA.

--
http://shelr.tv - plain text screencasts for unix ninjas