Re: Gnome shell stops working, complains about missing key

On 5 June 2012 12:38, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> Weird. Only thing I can think of to check are:
> 1. D-Bus: Is it running under your user id, no issues in log files, etc?

I assume D-Bus is working normally since there are no issues with other stuff using dbus. I checked the logs too, nothing out of ordinary.

> 2. Dconf (not dconf-editor): Is it installed, working, etc?
I think it's working. Running 'dconf list /org/gnome/' returns this:
desktop/
empathy/
eog/
file-roller/
gedit/
gnome-panel/
libgnomekbd/
nautilus/
rhythmbox/
settings-daemon/

Shell isn't there though, running 'dconf list /org/gnome/shell' returns nothing.

--
Thanasis Georgiou