Gnome shell stops working, complains about missing key

Hello everyone,

Yesterday gnome-shell stopped working on my machine after a reboot.
Before this happened I ran a system update but the only changes were
some pearl packages, shouldn't affect gnome. Anyway, now it refuses to
run, leaving me in an empty screen with my background but
surprisingly, with my keyboard shortcuts working. I used them to run a
terminal and tried 'gnome-shell --replace' with the following results:

(gnome-shell:1425): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.shell' does not contain a key named 'enabled-extensions'
Trace/breakpoint trap

While I can see org.gnome.shell.enabled-extensions with dconf-editor,
I can't with 'gsettings list-keys'. I tried running with a fresh
profile (new user) but the results are the same. I am running
Archlinux, fully upgraded, gnome-shell 3.4.1. I also tried downgrading
the updated packages, just in case, with no luck. Any ideas on how I
should troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.
--
Thanasis Georgiou