(o_
//\  Regards, Groeten,
V_/_ Bas Burger.

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:59:43 -0400
"Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Yaa101 <yaa101 xs4all nl> wrote:
> > On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:38:09 -0400
> > "Jasper St. Pierre" <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:
>
> ... snip ...
>
> >> Again, preferences should be done with the new preferences
> >> mechanism.
> >
> > Yeah, but I only heard about this new system in the previous email.
> > So I have to redesign that.
>
> Yeah. The biggest thing we're missing at the moment is good
> documentation on the extension system. I don't know what approach to
> take for that. Feedback and suggestions would be worthwhile on that.

I suggest to first collect all the data in a wiki to be structured
later to another document system like docbook.
I also suggest to make different categories, like user related,
developer setup related, and deep code related.

> > So if I read right there will be an extra config button on the
> > my extensions page of the extension plugin from my browser?
> > And that button appears when I add a prefs.js to my extension
> > directory and that file contains the buildPrefsWidget() function?
>
> Correct.
>
> > And from that prefs.js I have no problem to use GTK+ its
> > filechooser?
>
> Correct.

> >> Are you using Debian?

I did not see your question if I use Debian, the answer is no, I run
Mageia 2.