Re: Gnome Shell Extensions isn't shipped with Gnome Shell, WHY?!

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 19:59 +0200, Clemens wrote:

> Not everybody wants to have a dock to launch application. I have never
> used the "dock" inside the overview or dash and in the 2 days i was
>  using that the dock was the most annoying thing.
> imho alt + f2 is much faster than using the mouse and click. I have
> only one extension

Yep, count me as one.  I just can't see the purpose for a dock or
advanced dock.  I use the GNOME3 activity 'toolbar' (I suppose it is a
kind of dock) a few times when I first login [so that is a few times a
day].  But once work is underway it is all Alt+F1..a-few-keystrokes or
the GNOME Activity Journal - or else just Alt-Tab / Alt-`.

The notion that people are constantly starting applications honestly
baffles me.  Starting an application happens once a day, if that (less
often if your hardware correctly supports suspend/hibernate).