Mutter: plugins and interface

Hi:

First, I'm not pretty sure if this is the right list for mutter
questions, but I found no other.
Then questions:
mutter support plugins, right ?
gnome-shell is a mutter plugin, right ?
But gnome-shell doesn't let me load any other mutter plugins, and
while I'm able of load mutter with various plugins in Gnome Fallback
(I mean the old interface), I can't do the same with gnome-shell. if
gnome-shell a mutter plugin, or a libmutter user.
>From my point gnome-shell is the window manager running using
libmutter functionality, since there's no mutter process running when
in gnome-shell.
So the question is: Can I write a mutter plugin to be executed with
gnome-shell ? I think no, but you can tell me better.

Second, or third by now:
What is the preferred way of removing a window's decoration from a
particular window. There's this method in mutter (meta/frame.h) called
"meta_window_destroy_frame" which I presumed does that, but that one
isn't available from outside. Then I have to choice, fill a bug with a
patch in mutter for making that one available so you can call it from
outside mutter itself, or manage the decorations by hacking the
decorations relative hints of the window through x11 interface for
that ?

--
Acta est fabula