Re: Battery percentage indicator extension

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:43:07AM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> Are you using GNOME 3.2? It does indicate the battery status. Just uses
> a bar, not so precise as a percentage, but for me it is clear enough. I
> actually only care how much time I have left.

I am using 3.2; I'm afraid that the icon is neither granular nor visible
enough — at least not on my resolution/size of screen/eyes.

I actually care about the percentage and I'd like to see it with a
glimpse of an eye instead of clicking on the icon.

If you care about the “time left”, it shouldn't be too hard to modify
the extension. Having a preferences dialog box to pick between the two
might be a tad more difficult though :-)

> > I'm not sure of the exact rules around here but I would very much like
> > this to get merged to the GNOME Shell Extensions project. For that
> > purpose, feel free to modify it as needed.
>
> Extensions website is planned, so you'd be able to manage yourself soon.
> Suggest to wait for that. ETA Dec 1.

What about the gnome-shell-extensions git?

Regards,
Faidon