Re: Battery percentage indicator extension

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 11:46:37PM +0200, Faidon Liambotis wrote:
> I've created an extension that modifies the standard power indicator
> and, when a battery is present, adds the percentage in the panel,
> instead of just in the indicator's popup menu. It does so by monkey
> patching the existing indicator, rather than adding a new one.

Are you using GNOME 3.2? It does indicate the battery status. Just uses
a bar, not so precise as a percentage, but for me it is clear enough. I
actually only care how much time I have left.

> Note that I haven't hacked on either GNOME, D-Bus or Javascript before,
> so it might just as well be of a poor quality; nevertheless, I've tried
> to keep the code clean.

Not a developer, so cannot comment on code.

> I'm not sure of the exact rules around here but I would very much like
> this to get merged to the GNOME Shell Extensions project. For that
> purpose, feel free to modify it as needed.

Extensions website is planned, so you'd be able to manage yourself soon.
Suggest to wait for that. ETA Dec 1.

--
Regards,
Olav