Re: gnome-shell and custom desktop files

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 11:14:58AM +0100, Aurélien Naldi wrote:
> profiles. As I understand, the shell will not work as I expect unless
> these applications are adapted to change the WM_CLASS property
> depending on the current profile. I can't find a way to do so on
> gnome-terminal, I guess I will report a bug there...

There already is a command line option for it:
  --class=CLASS                   Program class as used by the window manager

If you want to differ between them, the class should be different. I
think Epiphany does this automatically for the webapps (adding the
argument + creating a desktop file).
--
Regards,
Olav