Re: Already looking for alternatives!

On Monday, 23 May, 2011 09:41 AM, Bill Dwyer wrote:
Nic to know the Dev team doesn't care about what the users think.
A recipe for disaster for any project for sure. Many of you will think why some people like me was still reading this list, I just want to know or get informed on user feedbacks, that is my main goal and to get neutral on every issue at hand. I am against = all positive feedbacks as this is against the reality, because there should be issues that needs to be resolved in every 1st release of software, as I am a application developer myself.

I still have high hopes for GNOME Shell at least for next 3.2 release and will start from there, this is a decision that I've made, and I cannot make this decision if I not through this list. I hope you will do the same regardless of the deaf ears we currently having. The reason why I'm here is because I need to decide of which desktop shell I will recommend and use= GNOME Classic vs. Unity vs. GNOME Shell vs. KDE for our users = for business and the NGO's computers where I volunteered. So a comment like this:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2011-May/msg00303.html
is insulting and counter-productive. They do not know that in the other end, the person may have thousands of users under him who is willing to use GNOME Shell.

I can see Gnome going out of style real fast! Lets see now; <super><shift><f2>Opens the menu and <Ctrl><tab><space> closes the menu! Or, 2 mouse clicks does the same thing! I use Open Office on Windows and I still don't use hotkeys. I'm not about memorize how many key sequences to do a simple mouse task and yes I do a lot of graphics. This will probably be my last go with Ubuntu, period! I'm already looking at KDE and several other alternatives. Everyone needs to turn that Gnome foot around, because it's headed for a giant step backwards. Check the Ubuntu forums some time and see how many people like the Unity desktop! Gnome is destined to become the MS of Linux, pure and simple!
My current understanding is hot key-combinations are only good for some certain users who are developers. But for pro-audio/multimedia/graphic artists, that keyboard shortcuts is a pain.

Please give a change for the 3.2 release, my opinion...

Regards,
Allan