Trying to modify my copy of GNOME Shell to create screen margin.

Hi, Gnome-Shell works great. I have a computer using HDMI out to a cheap LCD TV that can't turn off over-scan, and I wasted to much time trying to find the right Xorg modelines. I've resorted to modifying the Gnome-Shell to make a smaller screen area. It works pretty good. I made some small changes to core/screen.c file.

My Question is,
Is it possible to hack the zoom feature to zoom out and have a permanent margin on the Xorg display?
My Xorg mode is 1280x720, and I'd want to composite a shrunken version at around X = 30, Y = 20, WIDTH = 1220, HEIGHT = 680.
This would be allot better then what I'm doing now. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks!

Jason

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.