Tabs in the panel for the virtual desktops

Hello Gnome developers,

First, thanks for the great desktop!

With this mail I want to share an idea that I have for the Gnome 3 desktop.

First, take a quick look at the following screenshot of Chrome 13:
http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2011/05/chrome-13-introduces-experimental-hidden-nav-bar-option.ars

That does look beautiful, doesn't it?

Now, how would it be if the Gnome desktop had similar tabs in the top panel for the (four of more) virtual desktops?
An user could then easily en quickly switch between the virtual desktops (and applications!) !

And at the same time the look of the desktop stays clean.

Thanks for writing the Gnome desktop and good luck with the further development.

Thanks for reading,

Jeroen

(From The Netherlands)