delaying hot-corner activation

I don't know if this affects other gnome-shell users, but here is the thing:
I use a laptop with a trackpad.
I never call the activities overlay with the hot-corner, i always use the super key for that. Unfortunately, when, for some reason, I try to click on the "file" menu of a maximized window, 4 times out of 5 I overshoot, and out pops the overlay. It's not a big deal, just ...annoying at times. I believe setting a timeout to the hot-corner would be a solution. It shouldn' t have to be long; just time enough to adjust the mouse.