Re: OSX =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Expos=E9=2C_compiz_scale_windows_?= =?ISO-8859-2?Q?picker_question?=

On 05/11/2011 04:27 AM, Milan Oravec wrote:
hallo, I generally like Gnome3 (gnome-shell) concept, but i my opinion it needs to be more configurable to give people chance to "personalize" their desktop to their needs. Not all people want to live in uniform world. I have few questions:

1. is there in gnome-shell any way to show all windows (running applications) from all workspaces at once similar to OS X Exposé or compiz scale windows picker? In activity overview are showed only running applications from one workspace.
You could try Alt+Tab and using the mouse to navigate. You can navigate the Alt+Tab pop-up with Alt+[Shift+]Tab, Alt+[Shift+][above tab], the arrow keys, and the mouse itself, which is a nice touch. Granted, it's not quite as fast as what you describe (and I know from experience), but it's just fast enough to work. What you describe could possibly be made into an extension.
2. is there any option/setting to assign this functionality to mouse button? For this functionality I use scroll wheel button.
As of right now, all shortcuts in System Settings must be set for the Keyboard, so no. Also, I think there's some applications that already use middle-click (Firefox, some games are all I can think of), so setting this to middle-click would cause problems. If It's an extension like you said above, and it if was "middle click on the desktop" instead of just a regular middle click, then I don't see why not.
It is quick way to switch between applications and it is not against design concept of gnome-shell, what I think and hope.

Thank you very much!

Best regards Milan.