feedback

hi all,

gnome3 is starting to work out for me. nice job! i do 3d and composite for a living and will, at some point i will migrate to gnome 3 on my workstation. right now its on my office/testing pc. ill keep it short and just list a few things i miss or still need.

wish list:
cpu / weather / hamster time tracker applet
wacom cintiq / intuos configuration utility
easy way of reducing the bling a bit, like the window shadows, reducing the size of the window bar, etc...

what i really need:

free the alt key shortcut. i need the alt key for rotating my cam in my 3d app and could not find anything in dconf / keyboard shortcuts settings. (in gnome 2 i switched the alt with the super key)

what i don't understand:

the notification bar, id rather have it in the top bar

also my feeling is that i would use the workspace widget if it would be switched with the dash, i anyway use the keyboard for those sort of things, and not so much the mouse, just now i never use it cause i don't want to move my curser across the whole screen. and for the excessive application bar email thread.... i got used to it...all good - so far on a non production machine :) anyways... gnome 3 is looking really great. gj again.
phil

--
p b eyemotions com
http://pballinger.eyemotions.com