Re: Designing "Finding and Reminding"

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Federico Mena Quintero
<federico gnome org> wrote:

> Apps which don't deal in files don't use GtkRecentManager, and *those*
> do require changes to log to Zeitgeist directly.  Web browsers, IM
> clients, etc.  The Zeitgeist-dataproviders are exactly this kind of
> extensions to various apps.

What I'm saying is in the big picture the API for applications should be GTK+.

If the design calls for apps clients to "log" something, then I think
it would make sense to have a more expansive set of "recent" than
"files" - which might include say recent notes for GNote, or recently
viewed web pages for a browser.   We could simply implement this as
tomboy://note-uuid1 for example, or we could add new API like
gtk_recent_manager_add_app_item () which will be defined to open your
app with the URI, and not go through the MIME system.