Re: Instant Message notifications

Hi folks,
i was also thinking about that messaging problem, e.g. for new email the noticator in bottom right side is nice, if i look there here and then, but i had the gmail notoifcation in the panel near the clock in 2.x so if i was away from desktop and came back there was this and perhabs a green envelope of the ubuntu messaging thing which also showed up for pidgin messages.

So since  this was cool but sometimes annoying and the new empathy beeing nicer and gnome-shell beeing the nicest thing around i thought
why not have a extension or application providing a messages icon near the clock again, which shows per default "!nothing!".
I could add in some settings dialog to have certain messages which come via libnotify
* to be sticky e.g. mail or im from certain persons like your chef
* to make the icon blick (for even higher prio things)
* to add a bubble or thing with the message subject (for special email which came in)
* to have an number there with unread thins which passed all filters
etc.

i think it would just be nice to define myself which things i want to be instant notified.
cause in my workflow i have a lot of info comin in and not everything should be allowed to disturb me!

Cheers Phil