Re: Instant Message notifications

i am also really hoping that developers wouldfix this. also it would be great if there was better integration for empathy. right now the notification bar icon of empathy is barely cliackable (only the icon, not the text), and while the chat windows stay on the notification bar, but they have no sign that there might be new messages. last time i complained about this i got a reply that after being away from the computer for some time, the notification bar comes up to show you if there was something happening. while this is good, but since empathy windows look all the same if there was something happening or if not, i have to look through each icon manually (click them one by one, since mouseover also doesn't show anything). now this is even a bigger distraction, since because i'm affraid i'll miss some essages, i keep checking the messaging windows constantly, instead of focusing on my work.
what i'd suggest, if you want to keep the notification bar, is that there could be an icon in the hot corner (and preferably move that hot corner to the botom left corner, so that it wouldn't interfere with the scrollbars of maximized windows), something like the plasmoid hot corner of kde (http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/a/a0/Kde_plasma.jpg), only smaller. it could have some blinking icon, or some exclamation mark, or whatever. there could be some nice animation that the pop-up messages on the bottom slide towards the hot corner, and merge with this icon.
but on top of this, there should be some indication for the icons of the notification bar that there is something happening, a halo, a dot, or something.