Re: Instant Message notifications

This is a GTK+ bug which has been fixed. Additionally, we're trying to have the Shell be more of a native client for Telepathy rather than a set of hacks that were incorrect according to spec (observers technically shouldn't send messages, etc.), but worked anyway.

if there is a fix on the way, that's great news :) i've been using empathy for quite a while, and it's simpler, but more attractive than pidgin.

Making the Shell play nicer with Telepathy can help everybody... we can ACK messages too! Additionally, I think we're going to try to implement the little starburst counter for Telepathy messages:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell-design/plain/mockups/static/notifications-summary.png

I may see if I can get a starburst counter working tonight, after I'm done finishing up some other patches.

this starburst counter is brilliant! now if only it would hover, so i could see it all the time, that would solve all my problems with notifications i guess :)