Re: Designing "Finding and Reminding"

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 01:46 +0200, Korbé wrote:

> - An entry in the Application Menu (in the top panel of GS) nammed "Forget thisvactivity" or a button in the title bar of the window. When you choose it, the system don't record what you do.

See my mail to Sri; I put in a similar example referring to EOG.

> - Crypte the database of this "Big Journal" like with the password database of Seahorse. Then, if a people can get it from your hard drive (or SSD), he can't extract any informations.

This is doable, but I'm not sure it is worth it.  If the attacker
already got hold of your hard drive or your account, he may as well
examine your files directly.  Once he goes into ~/Pictures/Hot, you have
already lost - the attacker doesn't even need to parse your event log.

(Solution - if you are worried, encrypt your $HOME.)

  Federico