re Apps and Places Menu buttons for gnome shell.

hi my name is  Brian,
i have been following Gnome-shell via jhbuild and now from ppa using ubuntu 10.10 and now 11.04 for the last 6 months or so, I am not a developer or programer, just a willing user :-)
having tried and compared the new unity and gnome-shell, for its gnome-shell all the way!
i have to say great job a really wonderful desktop experience.

i was just trying out the 2 exrtensions posted by Vamsi, the places one works great the the apps menu doesn't show, probably because i removed the ubuntu desktop from synaptic.

i really like the usefulness of having the places menu, having mulitiple ways to access files folders and programs is great. I personally use synapse or alt f2 for access to these areas or programs, having an extra method for access is good. perhaps in gnome-shell 3.2 it might be possible to have a setup manager that walks you through the possiblities of gnome-shell and gives options for its setup.
i.e. places and apps menu in top bar or what size of scroll-bars is best for you, are you using a netbook or large laptop or desktop setup etc etc

that way it acts not only as a how-to of gnome-shell it also allows for personalisation of the shell experience.

--
Brian M Baker
Mila Str, 5