Designers (was: Re: new calendar idea for gnome-shell)

On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 13:17 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

> Thanks for that, I feel uncomfortable when people on this mailing
> lists think there is some cabal of designers on an ivory tower
> drinking ambrosia and sniffing glue.

Even though there isn't an iron-fisted cabal of designers, we *do* have
an anti-pattern of wanting to leave every visual decision to (visual)
designers.  This makes people feel powerless, as they think they are not
allowed to make decisions or even suggestions; and it makes designers
feel stressed, as it seems that everyone wants to get their input on
every little thing.

My point with the blog post I linked to is that anyone *can* learn
design easily, just by dedicating some time to it, and by starting from
some rules of thumb and doing things empirically.

  Federico