Re: new calendar idea for gnome-shell

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Federico Mena Quintero <federico mena gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, 2011-03-25 at 08:04 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> I still think the Calendar should be a separate tab on the overview
> that does all that and more, and that clicking on the date/time would
> bring you into the overview and take you to that tab.
>
> But I'm not a designer.

You don't need to "be" a designer with qualifications, or to be subject
to what "real designers" say:
http://people.gnome.org/~federico/news-2010-02.html#23

I hate quoting myself, but the moral of that post is "You may not be the
best programmer or the best designer, but if you work to acquire
programming and design skills that are above average, then you have
already won."

Thanks for that, I feel uncomfortable when people on this mailing lists think there is some cabal of designers on an ivory tower drinking ambrosia and sniffing glue.

As Jasper said, hit #gnome-design and bugzilla (whenever it comes back up) and work through that way.

sri