new calendar idea for gnome-shell

Hi all

First off, let me say that the current state of shell is great! In
fact, I have already formed ingrained habits due to using the shell,
that I now find using other environments quite frustrating (like
throwing my mouse to the top-left corner and not seeing the overview
come up). This too me shows that the shell is well designed.

Anyways, I was reading a paper on how people like to use/view their
metadata, and one of the common requests is for the metadata to be
more incorporated into the calendar (meaning that their accessed
files/emails/chats/songs listened are all viewable from the calendar).
 Which got me to thinking, maybe one of the ways in which we could
incorporate the use of Zeitgeist in the Shell is by extending the
calendar in the shell (it's already nice as it is, so I am hesitant in
this) and displaying some sort of interface for their activities based
on the date of use.

I know that some work is going into the use of Zeitgeist wrt
searching, but I was thinking there must be a nice way of using the
idea behind the Activity Journal and incorporating it directly into
the shell.

Like I said before, the calendar is great as it is, but I do think
that it would be nice to extend the calendar into more than just a
task-lister.
If this idea sounds like crack, please feel free to ignore it.
However, I do feel that gnome could makes leaps with this feature
included. Plus, I think it would be pretty nice.

Anyways, keep up the good work.

--
Pierre Benz <Benz Pierre gmail com>