Re: Some suggestions

On 22 Mar 2011, at 21:05, Alberto B. wrote:

> Yes, this is the behaviour. I'm sorry, but I did not understand the real
> function of "quit" probably due to the italian translation. I hope that
> button becomes customizable and usefull.

I'm sure it's not just because of the translation... in the past we've regularly debated[1] the subtle differences between Close and Quit, and whether Quit should even exist in a modern desktop environment. "Quitting" an application is a concept that is becoming increasingly unfamiliar to people with the ever-increasing usage of Android and iOS devices, for example.

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1]
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-gui-list/1998-August/msg00352.html>
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2002-May/msg00215.html>
<http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2004-April/msg00046.html>
etc...

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.