Re: GNOME Tweak Tool 2.91.92 released

Hi John,

On 03/22/2011 11:35 AM, John Stowers wrote:
(this time to the list. sorry)

Hi Michel,

Great to hear it is being packaged.

1) the license text for whichever license you choose. If there are
exceptions to the standard license, I suggest having a short LICENSE
file
explaining the details, and have the license text (or texts) in other
files,
e.g. COPYING, or COPYING.GPL and COPYING.LGPL, etc.

Done (GPL3). I Added COPYING

Note that if you use GPL, or Apache (unlikely, the latter) that it
comes
with a recommended way of writing the license info in file headers
(for any
file that is significant):

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Done. I added the recommended text to the main script file.

Is it required to add the license header to all source files?

All source files, unfortunately. I'd say configuration files can be omitted, but anything with, say, functions should probably carry the header. You'd be surprised how many programs come with one or two files lifted wholesale from other projects -- which is the rationale for making sure that when files are distributed out of their original project, the license is still visible.

From the howto page:

"This statement should go near the beginning of every source file, close to the copyright notices. When using the Lesser GPL, insert the word “Lesser” before “General” in all three places. When using the GNU AGPL, insert the word “Affero” before “General” in all three places."

I'm already ahead of the game, having a .92 release, but I will do
another tarball soon. In the mean time, I trust this reply will be
sufficient.

This reply is sufficient, thanks. If all the changes are in one or two commits, I can probably just extract that commit, apply it as a patch, and point to the mailing list archive for clarification.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
µblog:      http://identi.ca/hircus