Re: Shelling Epiphany

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM, Luke Morton
<luke morton internode on net> wrote:
> A possible solution for the thumbnails is to crop and scale a portion of
> the window contents (probably the top left quadrant) so a snippet of the
> sites content is more easily recognisable--the same way you'd crop and
> scale a photo to just a headshot if you needed a postage-stamp size
> representation for Gravatar for example.

I think that's an excellent idea, but I think in order to make it
actually work in reality, you would first need to do something like
Gimp's Autocrop tool, where it cuts off solid-color margins from all
four sides, and THEN show the top left quadrant of what remains.
Otherwise on at least half of the internet (fixed-width pages on
widescreen monitors etc) you'd end up with a thumbnail that was
predominantly white.

--
http://exolucere.ca