Re: thoughts on the sexy new calendar thing

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Brainstormtrooper
<brainstormtrooper free fr> wrote:
> ...I have gnome-shell 2.91.91 end evolution 2.91.91 end my sexy calendar
> thing shows the whole upcoming week...
>
> I have Today (Friday), Tomorrow (Saturday), and Next Week (Sun through
> next Saturday)... Not a ton of things next week... not a super busy
> peanut farmer yet, but a couple or more per day and they're all there...

Ah, you're right. It seems the algorithm that determines what to
display is more complicated than I assumed at first glance yesterday.
Indeed, looking at it now, I see today, tomorrow, and then 'Next week'
contains Sunday through to the following Saturday, a full 8 days into
the future, so that's quite comprehensive.

I guess I'll have to reword my bug so that it says 'I would like to
see events for Monday when I am looking at it on Thursday' because
that's just about the only use case that doesn't seem to be covered.
Ie, slightly more predictability in how it chooses which future days
to display.

> Is this a default settings issue? I'm using OpenSuSE...

Nope, I'm just a premature complainer ;-)

Using Fedora 15 alpha here.

--
http://exolucere.ca