thoughts on the sexy new calendar thing

So, let me start by saying I love the new calendar. It's sexy as hell.
This is not a criticism. This is just one little observation that
could improve usability for some users.

I have a bunch of events listed in my evolution calendar. Shell
displays 'Today', 'Tomorrow' and 'This week' sections in the calendar.
that's excellent, BUT, the 'This week' section should *really* be
"Next 5 days" instead of the current behavior which I would describe
as "what's happening after tomorrow but before this sunday."

That is to say, I have important events listed for this sunday, and
the calendar is not reminding me about them, even though that's just a
few days away.

I know in corporatey type situations it makes sense to think about
things on a weekly basis and then on the weekend you don't want to
think about work at all, but unfortunately the whole "monday to
friday" thing is not as common as people think. I work tuesday to
saturday, so for me sunday is the first day of the weekend. If I look
at my calendar on saturday night, I need to be able to see at a glance
what i have planned for the next day, sunday.

If this could be implemented this way, it would make the calendar's
display of upcoming events much more fluid, making it easier to plan
for the events of next week at the end of the current week, instead of
the current behavior of just arbitrarily cutting things off by some
random day of the week that somebody decided was a good day to ignore.

Thanks for reading.

--
http://exolucere.ca