Re: A few comments regarding Gnome-shell

Florian,

The idea is to separate actions - actions which apply to the application
as a whole (quit, preferences, help, ...) should appear in the
application menu, actions which apply to the currently focused
window/document should remain in the corresponding window.

That actually makes a lot of sense, I'll have to give it some thought. It's obviously not the approach I was suggesting, but it also has some solid reasoning behind it.