Re: Window controls for GNOME 3

> I'm not hugely bothered either way about the maximize button,
> personally. You only have to learn 'double-click on the window bar' once
> and it's just as easy as clicking a maximize button. As a general
> principle, the removal of features with _no easy alternative_ bothers me
> much more than the removal of one of many different ways to do
> something, as long as one of the other ways is not inherently more
> difficult.

Right, but I'm questioning if it was really a feature or a workaround.

If the app *requires* a larger/maximum size, then why does it not open
at that size?
For anything different, we have an option to manually resize.

Every use-case folks mentioned here, an alternate *custom* size is
required.
This would require to either:
1- resize a window from the normal state to custom size
or
2- restore a maximized window and - then resize to custom size.

Currently it is not possible to immediately resize maximized windows, if
someone wants a different custom size.
A maximized state actually makes it longer to do things.

--
Cheers,
Vish