Re: Shell.AppSystem (gnome-shell-extensions)

Il giorno lun, 27/06/2011 alle 16.15 -0400, G. Michael Carter ha
scritto:
> Just trying to add a livedvd_help.desktop to the user menu.  I have
> the "install to hard drive" working which is liveinst.desktop.  I
> think I've found where the problem is.  It's not registering my
> livedvd_help.desktop file.
>

> But the imports.gi.Shell question is more me trying to figure out what
> options/parameters are behind the object.   Am I missing some great
> user guide on all the commands/object which can be used in
> extensions.  I'm hitting this with zero knowledge in the area... which
> is why I wanted the starting point in the source code.
>

> Feels like I'm trying to hit a square peg in a round hole... and yes
> I'm the square peg *wink*

The code you're looking for is src/shell-app-system.c, but actually that
is just a wrapper (with some caching) aroung libgmenu (gnome-menus
module in git).
To have a .desktop file registered with ShellAppSystem, you need to show
it in some menu, that is, it must have a valid Categories key (look
at /etc/xdg/menus/application.menu for the recognized ones). There is no
other way to register custom .desktop file, from JS code (code is there
but it's not exported).

Giovanni