Re: On dynamic text expansion in message tray when an icon is hovered

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy
<pclouds gmail com> wrote:
> Does anybody else find it difficult to click on an icon in message
> tray? If I just move my pointer a little bit further to next icon on
> the right of the icon I want to select, the icon will be moved and it
> takes more time to move my mouse back and forth to locate to my icon.
>
> Why can't we just use tooltip instead and make icon placement more persistent?
> --
> Duy

Agreed. This makes it impractical to actually use the notification
area without having to be really careful. I assume there's a redesign
of that area in the pipeline (it seems unloved, and the whole panel
applets issue still seems somewhat under-developed), so hopefully
that's going to be fixed as part of that work? (I'm just guessing, I
have no idea if any such work is even planned).