Re: Clearlooks on Gnome3

Hi

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 11:04:56AM +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> Is there a clearlooks engine for Gnome3?
> I'm running Fedora-15 and I can't get my CAD app to run.
> It throws a lot of "Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "clearlooks"" ...kind-of-errors

Those should be harmless warnings (only affect the UI). Aren't there
other error messages?
Unfortunately for some apps like Acroread there are not harmless as It seems that Acroread UI (like some colors or things) depends on using the Clearlook engine... For instance, the security dialogs on acroread are currently non-usable with F15 (and I blame this warning and the fact that acroread is not good software).

 What I don't get is that in my F15 the Clearlooks engine seems to be still there for Gtk2 apps, acroread is a Gtk2 app but still get this warning. (And I would believe that the CAD app is also a Gtk2 app)

Greetings

--
Regards,
Olav