Re: Extensions Infrastructure Work

On Tue, 2011-06-21 at 01:39 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:
> Hey guys, it's Jasper.
>
> As part of my work on SweetTooth[0], I'm planning on a bunch of
> changes to make the user experience for installing, enabling and
> disabling extensions better. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to break
> some stuff unless someone can come up with a clever hack. These
> changes are not set in stone, but they're what I'm hacking on
> currently, and I'd like to discuss them to make sure I'm on the right
> track. Extension developers, I'm talking to you:

Great news.

As I mentioned on lgo I am happy to help by hosting any needed glue code
in gnome-tweak-tool (for example if it turns out that live extension

Without wanting to sound rude, but before committing too much effort to
this, could some of the other shell maintainers / designers please reply
with some indication that this approach, or the use of extensions in
future is something they will support? The feedback has not been
universally positive thus far.

Regards,

John