Re: Ideas and suggestions for Gnome shell.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy <pclouds gmail com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Julien Olivier <julo42 gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >> Everyone will hate you if you send poorly formatted, badly quoted mail
> >> around.  But anyway, new mail notifications wouldn't be that bad for
> >> users of evolution.
> >>

> > New mail notification would be VERY useful especially now that there is
> > no way to minimize windows. But it will be useful only if it works with
> > Evolution closed.
>
> Something like this?
>
> https://launchpad.net/mailnag
> --
> Duy

Hello

I use mailnag already and I like it. I think a notification about
incoming mails is definitely needed. Personnally, I'm hoping for
thunderbird mail and thunderbird calendar (lightning) integration.

Am I right that notifications at the bottom only pop up when we set
the state (up right) to available or do they distract the user in any
case? I think it would make sense that this way we could switch off
any distraction while working concentrated on something and switch
them on again afterwards.

Cheers
(I hope this is the right way to mail on a such a mailing list, sorry
first post)