Re: Gnome 3 Extensions/Themes Website?

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Finnbarr P. Murphy <fpm fpmurphy com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 04:24, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre mecheye net> wrote:

> This looks to be a simple XML specification that describes basic download.
> metadata: http://ghns.freedesktop.org/spec/stuff.xml as well as a WSDL file
> for a service to autodownload. I don't consider this a very useful
> specification, but I can support it.
>
> Right now I'm basically working on the upload interface: I'm trying to get
> it down to a simple "upload your extension tar.gz". There will be a
> web-based form to edit any fields in it as well. I guess I can expose the
> same data from the XML in that format, but why?

Why reinvent the wheel? The source for addons-mozilla.org is freely
available. Look in mxr.mozilla.org/amo and elsewhere.

I indeed looked at the code. It's called "Zamboni": http://github.com/jbalogh/zamboni

It's a huge application, I figured that it would take some time just to learn the code, and it may be better to start from scratch

It is a MVC model based on the CakePHP framework, is licensed under
MPL 1.1/GPL 2.0/LGPL 2.1 and is quite easy to modify.