Re: signal/noise ratio of the list [was Re: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 122]

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Artur Wroblewski <wrobell pld-linux org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 1:21 AM, Maciej Marcin Piechotka
> <uzytkownik2 gmail com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Both
>> sides uses the same arguments over and over again and trivial search of
>> this ML would answer to all arguments, counterarguments etc.
>
> well, maybe if gnome had something like python or java have (pep, jcp),
> the problem would be marginal.

Gnome-shell has been the best specified project GNOME has ever done.
No amount of constructively discussed specification and design can
prevent non-constructive people from screwing up a mailing list,
because all it takes is a handful of people with too much time on
their hands to

(And I'm not just saying that abstractly; there were GEPs from c.
2002-2005 and they were... not very useful:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers-readonly/2002-August/msg00016.html
)

Luis