Re: Gnome 3 is not ready for netbooks

On 15/07/11 10:41, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On 2011-07-15 at 09:56, Allan E. Registos wrote:
>> > I really do not think you should expect all users to just file bugs.
> I don't expect all users to file bugs. if past history is of any
> significance, I don't expect more than a quarter of the users to file
> any bugs.
>
> I do expect users that find this mailing list, subscribe to it,
> acknowlegde the subscribption to it, and send an email to it, to also be
> able to do the same to file bugs on the *correct* venue for this - i.e.
> Gnome's Bugzilla.
>
>> > I remember I have a problem with this in Evolution email with a
>> > 1366x768 monitor, in order to see the close button, I need to hide
>> > the bottom panel.
> I am painfully aware of the shortcomings of Gnome applications with
> regards to netbooks and their abysmal resolutions.
>
> this, though, has nothing to do with the shell; the shell cannot modify
> the applications.

Maybe, just maybe, it would be nice if it could. Zooming windows too
large for the screen to at least let the user look at the whole content
and reach every widget would be useful to people with small screens.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico digregorio dndg it
Studio Associato Di Nunzio e Di Gregorio                  http://dndg.it